Friday, March 14, 2014

"Coasting" Down from Seattle to San Francisco!





BIG NEWS!

Uncle Glenn is planning another big adventure to 
benefit I Cure I Cure in 2014.   This time he will be joined 
by Uncle Jim Beaty!  The two men, Ian’s uncles, will cycle 
from Seattle, Washington to San Francisco, California from 
August 17- 30 to raise awareness and funds for I Care I Cure 
and the need for gentler cures for childhood cancer.   
Watch for more details this spring and summer 
and follow the journey on the blog created by 
Aunt Lynn and Aunt Laurie which will share photos, 
stories and statistics of the bicycle ride down 
the Pacific Coast Highway for two weeks.     


I am sure that you have noticed the blog's new 
and exciting look to compliment our brand new 
logo design created by Lynn's sister,
Laurie Beaty. Thanks, Laurie, you are a genius!

https://www.facebook.com/LaurieBeatyDesign








Just a little preview of what we'll be blogging about in August!



Map of our August journey





Our starting point in Seattle, Washington






The Redwood Forest!






Just imagine two lone riders pedaling along this highway!





Majestic Views!





Final destination...San Francisco!






Glenn and Lynn Welcome Uncle Jim to I Care I Cure I Cycle!
This photo was taken on one of the legs of the ride 
up the East Coast Greenway riding in North Carolina.





Laurie and Lynn in Maine last August when we completed the
East Coast Greenway journey.  So happy we will have 
Laurie and Jim with us to travel down the Pacific Coast Highway!




Always remembering our purpose for these rides....



The I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation supports the development of, and raises public awareness about, cutting-edge, targeted therapies for childhood cancer, so that the treatment of childhood cancer will be gentler and more tolerable. - See more at: http://www.icareicure.org