Monday, February 12, 2018

Honors for Uncle Glenn




Glenn and I (and our youngest grandson, Oliver) traveled to 
Davie, Florida last weekend to attend the 11th annual I Care
I Cure I Run 5K and Family Fun Day. We were a platinum sponsor
 this year and were honored by the foundation for the bike ride and the
almost $100,000 that we have raised for I  Care I Cure over
the last nine years.  Thanks to all of you for your help!










The first thing we saw when we arrive at the venue was
this large canvas poster!  Of course, the photo was taken
when we arrived at the Santa Monica Pier on December 29th!







The master or ceremonies for the event was 
Congresswoman, Debbie Wasserman Schultz,
a family friend and I Care I Cure supporter.

She is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 23rd congressional district






Our sister and brother-in-law, Beth and Brad Besner,
founders of I  Care I Cure, began the Opening Ceremony






We are very appreciative of the attention paid to 
I Care I Cure I Cycle at the event!







Glenn was presented with a beautiful glass
plaque which will receive a place of honor
is our bike-themed office at home.









Glenn had the honor of leading the runners on bike
as the race of more than 1200 participants took off on the 
campus of Nova Southeast University.










Glenn should have had a head start!








 It was a beautiful, warm day in southern Florida!















One of the special things about the venue for this
race is the opportunity given the runners to pass by
the Ian Besner Baseball Field on the adjacent campus
of the private school that Ian and his brothers attended.
We do all of this in memory of Ian and to insure that
other children live to fulfill their dreams....Ian loved
baseball and aspired to play in the major league!










Oliver loved the festivities and won a medal for his stroller 5K!






Glenn, sister Beth, me, Ollie, sister Laurie and BIL Jim














 As of February 6, 2018, our total dollars raised
for the final bike ride is $30,114 !!!!  We can't thank
you enough for your amazing support for this final leg.  


We were thrilled to be able to raise funds 
and awareness for I Care I Cure over the years!
The ride may be over but our commitment to this
great foundation will continue!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!