Friday, November 5, 2010

And He's Off!!


We arrived in Kingsland, GA last night at 10:40....just off Exit 3 on Rte. 95.  This AM I drove Glenn and his bike to the Florida/Georgia border on Rte. 17 to the spot where he finished his ride last November.  It's a chilly but clear and sunny morning here and the forecast is for temps in the low 60's.   Should be a great biking day.  Not sure what I am going to do...perhaps explore Jekyll Island!  

I hope that the start of Glenn's ride was better than my day began....after dropping him off, I somehow missed the motel and ventured too far on Rte. 40.  When I realized what I had done, I turned around and went back and eventually found the area where we were staying which is a grouping of 10 or 12 motels and hotels.  I happily parked the car and started into the motel but quickly realized that I was at the wrong place.   Good thing I am not navigating a bicycle today!

Enjoy the first photos of the ride!

The start of the ride - at the bridge where last year's ride ended.  Rte. 17 at the Florida-Georgia Border!
Friday, November 5, 2010  9:00 AM




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!