Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chasing records doesn't keep me on my bike. Happiness does!


The quote in the title is from Lance Armstrong but I am sure that Glenn
feels this way too! Glenn isn't after any records, he isn't the fastest rider and 
he has his aches and pains when he gets off his bike after a long ride but he 
does love cycling and has spent some of his happiest moments on his bike.   


The first day of this ride in November 2009 in Key West, Florida


We started this adventure 2 1/2 years ago and Glenn has logged 
1802.39 miles
traveling through 8 states.  We had two friends guess the total 
number of miles traveled to date.  Barb Kay and Wendy Kapiloff 
will be getting I Care I Cure I Cycle t-shirts for their efforts!   
Way to Go, Ladies!

 I received word from the administrator at I Care I Cure that
the total amount donated as of today for Uncle Glenn's Ride is $923!  
Wouldn't it be great it the final total was at least $1.00 per mile?!?!?

We will head south on Thursday with stops in North Myrtle Beach 
and Charleston before returning home to Atlanta.  
We'll have one last statistic to post when we get home.
How many miles we have logged on our car during this trip.  
Anyone want to wager a guess on that stat?   
Check back in next week for a final post and more photos!

When I was googling cycling quotes for the post title, I found some great ones.
Thought I would share them with you.  Enjoy!


The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine. ~John Howard  

When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking. ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 

Next to a leisurely walk I enjoy a spin on my tandem bicycle. It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face and the springy motion of my iron steed. The rapid rush through the air gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, and the exercise makes my pulse dance and my heart sing. ~ Helen Keller deaf and blind political activist 

It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest incident of the nineteenth century. ~ Anonymous 
You never have the wind with you -- either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~ Daniel Behrman The Man Who Loved Bicycles 

Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity. ~ Lord Charles Beresford 

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~ Albert Einstein 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!