Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Sun Sets on Another Ride!




Sunset at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, SC


Relaxing at the beach on the way home!  Not enough
time to swim or sunbathe but enjoyed a walk!  It happens
that the condo building we stayed in was right on the
East Coast Greenway and Glenn rode right past it last
October in North Myrtle Beach, SC!

  Beautiful weather and great view!


Anyone who knows me, has heard me say that
I know I am on vacation when I see Palm Trees!
We must have been vacation in Charleston!




 After our brief stop in Myrtle Beach, we celebrated the wedding of 
David and Sara Green in Charleston,SC  David's parents are
our longtime friends from college days, Bill and Barbara Green.  

Congrats to the Green family!


We arrived home on Sunday, May 13th in time to celebrate Mother's Day with our Atlanta family.
What a great way to spend the first night home!  Sure did miss Seth, Sara, Miles, Neil and Jerry!

We couldn't close out this segment of the ride without sharing two more totals!
Our SAG vehicle (aka my SUV) logged 2433 miles on this trip and traveled
through 8 states in 2 1/2 weeks!   Not quite as impressive as Glenn's
accomplishments but still a statistic that you might find interesting.

Thanks to the generosity of our many friends and supporters, the total amount
 donated to I Care I Cure in honor of Uncle Glenn's ride as of today is $1223.00!
It is never too late to make a donation via the I Care I Cure site or by check mailed to:
I Care I Cure Foundation
P.O. Box 291386
Davie, FL 33329


Thank you so very much for your interest, support and donations!
We'll be back on the road again in September when the sun will rise on the
next to the last leg of Glenn's journey up the East Coast Greenway
from Trenton, NJ to Providence, RI or maybe even to Massachusetts!
Check back until then for updates:)


Sunrise in North Myrtle Beach, SC



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!