Friday, December 1, 2017

The More the Merrier!






We are so excited to announce that we have some 
company on this ride for the first 4 days!

Our niece, Melissa, and her husband, Greg, have been training
to join Glenn on the road from Phoenix to San Diego!




They live in Philadelphia and, like Glenn, their transportation
to work most days are their bikes!   We are thrilled to welcome them
to the wacky world of I Care I Cure I Cycle and we appreciate their
commitment to raising funds and awareness for I Care I Cure! I'm
sure that you'll learn much more about Melissa and Greg in future
blogs from the road.  We're so excited to have them with us!



We are working on the last of the logistics
for this ride.  We'll be ready to head
to Phoenix on December 19!




Here is our updated route for this ride:

December 20 - Depart Phoenix AZ to Wickenburg, AZ
55 miles
December 21 - Wickenburg, AZ to Blythe, CA
112 miles
December 22 - Blythe, CA to Brawley, CA
89.4 miles
December 23 - Brawley, CA to Alpine, CA
98.7 miles
December 24 - Alpine, CA to San Diego, CA to Oceanside, CA
68.3 miles
December 25-27 enjoy Oceanside, CA
December 27 - Oceanside, CA to Laguna Beach, CA
36.4 miles
December 28 - Laguna Beach, CA to Venice Beach, CA
63 miles

December 29 - The whole family/friends will ride from
Venice Beach to the Santa Monica Pier to complete
the ride and Glenn's journey around the entire
perimeter of the continental United States
2.8 Miles








We are so grateful for the many, many donations
that we have received even before we head out west!
We set a very lofty goal for this last journey.  We are
hoping to raise $25,000 for I Care I Cure.  If we 
reach this goal, we understand that I Care I Cure will
            name a research grant for us.  That would be an honor!d be an 
incredible honor!  Thanks for your help!








Thanks so much to our daughter, Jill, for her guest blog
post.  It was enjoyed so much by many of you which brings
me to ask if anyone else would like to write a guest post before
we start this last journey.   A new perspective on this adventure
would be wonderful.  Just email me to volunteer!!!
There might just be a tee shirt as a thank you!

Click here to email me!



I promised you photos from past rides in blog posts
on this last journey. This one is special!



Our grandsons, Evan and Benji joined Pa on the ride!
May 2012 on the East Coast Greenway

Near Annapolis Maryland

Watch for photos of them as we finish this ride in CA!






2 comments:

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!