Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Forging Ahead on Day 4

   
     We have a winner!   My dear childhood friend, Carol Frank Brown, was the first person to respond with the correct total of miles for the first three days of riding.  Glenn has pedaled 258.89 miles in three days which makes my current donation pledge to I Care I Cure $1294.45!   That would put us at the Bronze Level of sponsorship ($1000) for the I Care I Cure.....I Run 5 K in February.   Now we'll just have to go for the Silver Level of $2500!    





      As you can see by my photos, Glenn departed this AM at 8:28 on 45 degree morning and, of course, that I enjoy listening to 60's music on XM radio!   Yesterday Glenn found a marked Bike Route which was very easy to follow....The NC State Bike Route 5.  He'll continue on that route today almost all of the way to Durham.  Once near Durham, he'll enjoy the American Tobacco Trail, a rails to trails designated bike/hike route for a few miles!    Today we'll see childhood neighbors and friends in Durham!  Looking forward to that!  Until later....Have a great day!
 




Forging ahead on Day FOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!