Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Goals are Dreams With Deadlines!










Each year when we begin to plan the ride for 
I Care I Cure, we set an attainable goal.  This year it was 
$5000.  When we got close to that total we dared to
imagine that we could reach $7500.  This year that goal 
was met and surpassed because of each and every 
one of our generous donors!  With thanks, also, to a 
friend who, last week, made an incredible $3000 
donation from her family's foundation!  
We are so very happy to report that 
we have raised more than $10,000 this year
for I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation!!








Today I went back through all 7 years of the ride via 
the blog to try to calculate how much we have
raised since we began I Care I Cure I Cycle in 2009.   The 
estimated total is $41,488.00!  That includes $725
that our grandsons raised with two lemonade stands!
When we began doing this, we didn't have a clue
that this would become a yearly journey!
When we "arrive at one goal, it is the starting
point of another"!  We'll take a short break before
we start planning the next leg of this Westward ride!









Several times during this last ride Glenn mentioned, on
the more difficult days,  that perhaps he is getting too
old to do this any longer.  The last two days, one of them
a century ride, proved to him that he still has the stuff to
continue.   "You are never too old to set another goal
or to dream a new dream"!   




It's also never too late to donate!

Just Click Here :)






Our next big event for I Care I Cure is the 5K and Family Fun Day

I Care I Cure I Run 2016






I Care I Cure's 9th Annual I Care I Cure…I Run 
February 7, 2016, 8:00AM BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL. 

Join us this year for the 5K Run/Walk, followed by the 
Mile Run of Color Fun. This year, take your team to the 
next level!  Are you ready for the challenge?

If you'll be in South Florida, join our team,
We Are Family 2016!  

More details and registration info when it is available.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Cheer us on!